The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) gives any person the right to access government documents, subject to specific exemptions.
The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) as an agency subject to the FOI Act must publish the following information on our website under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS).
- IPS Agency plan which outlines how AFSA will implement the IPS requirements
- Who we are including our structure, our statutory office holders and our legislative functions
- What we do
- Our reports and responses to Parliament including annual reports, Senate order listings, such as the file lists for the Senate Continuing Order
- Consultation arrangements which include our Client Service Charter, any consultation processes open for contribution, and details of how to make submissions about policy proposals or other issues
- How to contact us and information about making an FOI request.
- Our Disclosure log.
Under subsection 8(4) of the FOI Act, AFSA publishes other information beyond that required by subsection 8(2), including:
- Business and Corporate Plan
- Portfolio Budget Statement
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Client Service Charter
- Annual Procurement Plan and details of major contracts listed on the AusTender website
- Enterprise Agreement
- Bankruptcy statistics, Debtor Profiles report and other corporate and client publications.
You can find out more about the IPS on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.