On this page:
Your myGovID will enable you to securely access a range of government online services on behalf of your organisation. If you work for an organisation you will log into online services using your myGovID. After logging out, be sure to close your browser if others have access to your computer.
For further information, please refer to myGovID.
How is my information protected online?
Once you submit your information through the Online Proof of Identity service it is encrypted and sent through secured pathways to the issuing authority. The issuing authority then either confirms or denies your identity and you will be granted full access to online services or continue to have draft and save privileges only. No personal information from your request is stored by AFSA.
What happens if my online Proof of identity submission is unsuccessful?
The online proof of identity service allows three attempts to submit your identity document details. If your request has been returned as unsuccessful make sure you have entered the information correctly. After three attempts of an individual document, the selected document will be locked.
If you have locked your documents through too many attempts, contact us, and a client service officer will assist you to unlock your documents. AFSA does not store any of the information you submit through the online proof of identity service and therefore our staff are unable to see why your request has not been successful.
If you have entered the information correctly and your submission is unsuccessful please contact us.
Information relating to documents uploaded and downloaded within online services.
Application submissions may require supporting documents to be uploaded. Documents can be uploaded in any of the following formats:
- Microsoft Office documents (doc, docx, xls, xlsx)
- PDF documents
- Rich text files (rtf)
- Word Perfect documents (wpd)
- Image documents (jpg, gif, png, bmp).
Documents in any other format will not be accepted. Your file will also be checked for viruses when you attempt to upload it. A maximum file size of 10MB is allowable.
A notice will appear on screen if you attempt to upload a document in an unacceptable format, your file contains a virus or is larger than 10MB.
Documents uploaded may be downloaded at any time by reviewing the details of the application submitted and clicking the title of the relevant document.
Regain access to online services if you have forgotten your password.
To reset your password:
- On the online services Login screen, click the Forgot your password? link next to the login button.
- Enter your registered Username and Email Address that you nominated for your online services account. Click the Submit button.
- Enter the Answer to your Secret Question that you nominated during registration. Please note that your answer is case sensitive. You have up to 5 attempts to answer before your account is locked. Click the Submit button.
- Online services will send you an email containing a system generated password.
- Login to online services using your Username and the system generated password.
- After you login you will be prompted to change your password.
If you have forgotten your secret question and answer, your account has been locked or you did not receive an email with a system generated password please contact us for assistance.
Online services supported browsers and minimum screen resolution.
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11
Minimum screen resolution
The minimum screen resolution supported is 1024 x 468 pixels running in 256 colours.
Online Services uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for all logged-in use