Adding a third party authority during bankruptcy

You must provide a third party authority to allow your trustee to discuss your bankruptcy with anyone besides you. 

On this page

2 min read

Adding a third party authority

A third party authority (TPA) can be given to any person you nominate such as a:

  • financial counsellor or accountant
  • partner
  • friend
  • family member or
  • solicitor.

This authority allows us to talk to the nominated person about your bankruptcy. A TPA may be:

  • general or relating to a specific item of information or
  • temporary or an ongoing basis.

A TPA can:

  • make enquiries about your estate both verbally and in writing
  • request documents or correspondence be sent to you
  • update your postal address, email address and income details.

A TPA can't:

  • sign AFSA documents on your behalf
  • request documents be sent directly to them
  • update your residential address, contact number and change of name.

How to add a TPA:

If your trustee is the Official Trustee (AFSA) call us now on 1300 364 785.