Can my trustee extend my bankruptcy?

1 min read

In some cases, your trustee may object to your bankruptcy ending. We call this an objection to discharge. Your bankruptcy could be extended up to 8 years if you fail to:

  • provide information to your trustee
  • disclose all income
  • make compulsory payments
  • explain how you spent money
  • reveal all assets and debts.

What if I want to request a review?

You can request a review of, or appeal, your trustee's decision by completing and lodging a Request for review form.

For more information see Request for review.

Once we receive your request for review:

  • we’ll reply to your request
  • we may ask you to provide further information or evidence
  • we’ll provide a written explanation of any decisions made
  • if required, we’ll explain further ways to appeal.