On this page
Working with us
AFSA is responsible for the administration and regulation of the personal insolvency system, trustee services and the administration of the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) and proceeds of crime.
We value our highly motivated, diverse and skilled workforce and pride ourselves on our professionalism and commitment to client service. We offer a broad range of challenging, rewarding and flexible employment opportunities. Our people are able to balance their work and personal responsibilities.
We are dedicated to workplace diversity, staff wellbeing and creating and sustaining a work environment where different perspectives and capabilities are recognised and used to enhance our service delivery and benefit our clients.
The About Us section provides more information on who we are and what we do.
The Australian Financial Security Authority Enterprise Agreement 2018 commenced on 19 February 2019.
In 2022 AFSA put in place a determination under Subsection 24(1) of the Public Service Act 1999 to provide pay increases to employees covered by the Australian Financial Security Authority Enterprise Agreement 2018.
An amendment determination has since been made, providing a 3% pay increase to salaries and some allowances for eligible employees from 20 February 2023.
Benefits of working with us include:
- a variety of challenging and interesting work
- flexible and innovative work options to support work/life balance
- generous employer contribution to superannuation
- a friendly and diverse work environment where staff are encouraged to have their say and contribute to decision making
- flex time or time off in lieu
- the opportunity to purchase extra leave per year
- payment of professional membership to CPA or ICA
- a range of supported learning and development opportunities
- financial assistance for further study
- access to Employee Assistance Program services for free confidential counselling.
We believe that your experience of work and sense of belonging to the workplace are perhaps the most important drivers of your engagement and performance.
We also understand that having a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion supports everyone—people with different viewpoints, cultures, genders and sexual orientation, to participate in the workplace in ways that are satisfying and rewarding.
At AFSA, our approach is to provide contemporary workforce solutions that address and remove barriers to employment. We recognise, celebrate and promote various initiatives to support our workforce to truly belong, including:
- Our third generation Reconciliation Action Plan dedicated to advancing reconciliation.
- Our contemporary approach to women in leadership and commitment to removing barriers to employment for our Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community and those with a disability.
- Finally, we feel that it is critical to fully honouring our staff who identify as LGBTIQ+ by promoting and supporting employee-led and management driven responses to address any concerns and ensure best practice in employee relations.
Do you think this is your kind of workplace? Search for a vacancy that requires your skills and experience and meets your career objectives and join us on the journey towards genuinely building diversity, inclusion and belonging as we aim to engage the whole person at work.
A career in the Australian Public Service (APS)
The Australian Public Service (APS) offers opportunities to undertake a broad range of interesting and challenging work while contributing to the community.
The APS offers a workplace that is highly motivated, professional, inclusive, respects diversity, and aims to mirror the broader community which we serve.
For more APS employment opportunities visit APSjobs.
See current vacancies at AFSA.