2021 APS Employee Census results
The 2021 APS Employee Census survey ran between 10 May and 11 June 2021. AFSA achieved a 85% response rate, leading to a highly reliable dataset.
AFSA has been participating in the APS Census since 2012. With strong participation by our staff, we can be confident in the census results to identify what we are doing well and what we can do better. Our participation also means that we are contributing to the whole-of-APS data and the State of the Service Report.
For AFSA, the APS Census provides an assessment of the Agency’s performance in the following areas: employee engagement, wellbeing, individual performance, leadership, APS values and Code of Conduct in practice, innovation, recruitment and retention, performance management, risk and change management.
The 2021 results tell us that AFSA staff:
- understand how their role contributes to achieving an outcome for the Australian public
- are happy to go the ‘extra mile' at work when required
- felt confident they have the skills to use data effectively to support the recommendations and decisions they make in their role.
- successfully adapted to new ways of working in 2021
- value the increased flexibility in work practices and the improved technology and more digital environment.
AFSA is committed to utilising staff feedback to continue to make AFSA a great place to work and an employer of choice. The census results will continue to shape AFSA’s workforce strategies and initiatives including wellbeing, recruitment, and learning & development.