To apply for bankruptcy you will need to complete a Bankruptcy Form online.
To access the Bankruptcy Form, you'll need to:
- create an Online Services account
- prove your identity and
- complete and submit your form online.
For more information see Help creating an Online Services account.
- Bankruptcy by sequestration order - what you need to do if you have been made bankrupt by a creditor.
- Apply for bankruptcy - what you need to know before you apply.
- Consequences of bankruptcy - important information about how bankruptcy may affect you.
- Submitting the Bankruptcy Form offline - if you're not able to lodge your form online.
Once you’ve submitted your Bankruptcy Form online, you can log in to your Online Services account to check the status of your application
The consequences of bankruptcy are serious and cannot be cancelled if you change your mind. Financial counsellors help people in financial difficulty, and are available in every state and territory. Their services are free, independent and confidential.
You can talk to a financial counsellor from anywhere in Australia by calling the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (minimum opening hours are 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday). This number will automatically direct your call through to a financial counselling service in the state or territory closest to you.
For more information see Where to find help.