Bankruptcy Forms

The form you need to complete depends on whether you are:

Apply for bankruptcy

To apply for bankruptcy you will need to complete a Bankruptcy Form online. 

To access the Bankruptcy Form, you'll need to:

We will respond to you within 14 days. Once you’ve submitted your Bankruptcy Form online, you can log in to your Online Services account to check the status of your application.

For more information see Help creating an Online Services account.

Bankruptcy by sequestration order

If you have been made bankrupt by a creditor there are some important next steps.

You need to file a Statement of Affairs within 14 days of the date you were advised of your bankruptcy. If you don’t do this, you could be bankrupt for longer and you could face penalties.

Your bankruptcy normally ends 3 years and one day from when the Official Receiver accepts your Statement of Affairs.

You can contact us to request a copy of the Statement of Affairs to complete or you can request a copy from your trustee.

Do not use the online Bankruptcy Form if you have been made bankrupt by a court order (sequestration order). Please contact us at or on 1300 364 785 to request a copy of the Statement of Affairs form, or you can obtain a copy from your trustee.

You can submit your completed Statement of Affairs and any attachments via:

  • Email:, or
  • Post:
    Australian Financial Security Authority
    GPO Box 1550
    ADELAIDE SA 5001

Once you’ve submitted your form, we will respond to you within 14 days.

For more information see A creditor has made me bankrupt or Bankruptcy by sequestration order forms.

Related information:

Getting help

The consequences of bankruptcy are serious. Financial counsellors help people in financial difficulty and are available in every state and territory. Their services are free, independent and confidential.

You can talk to a financial counsellor from anywhere in Australia by calling the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (minimum opening hours are 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday). This number will automatically direct your call through to a financial counselling service in the state or territory closest to you.

For more information see Where to find help.