What can and can't be changed?
Registration details that can be changed include:
- the duration (shorten or extend)
- discharging by changing the end date/time to now
- add/remove a grantor
- changing the free text description of collateral
Registration details that cannot be changed include:
- grantor details (but you can add a new grantor)
- any serial number in a serial number field (like a VIN number)
- collateral type (consumer or commercial)
- collateral class
- PMSI (more information at www.ppsr.gov.au/purchase-money-security-interests-pmsi
Click here to see a full list of what can and cannot be amended.
To amend your registrations you will need to log into the PPSR and have the registration number and token, or secured party group number and access code handy.
Is there a fee?
It's free of charge to make minor amendments, such as shortening the duration time, removing a grantor, and discharging a registration. If you need to amend your registration to extend the duration time or add a grantor, fees start from $6.
For further information see: www.ppsr.gov.au/fees
To find out how to amend a registration see: www.ppsr.gov.au/amend-registration