Bankruptcy by sequestration order forms

After being made bankrupt by sequestration order you will need to complete a Statement of Affairs.

You need to do this within 14 days of the date you were advised of your bankruptcy. If you don’t do this, you could be bankrupt longer and you could face penalties.

It’s important to do this as soon as possible, as your bankruptcy normally ends 3 years and one day after the Official Receiver accepts your Statement of Affairs. If you don’t submit a Statement of Affairs, you will remain bankrupt indefinitely and could face penalties.

You can contact us to request a copy of the Statement of Affairs to complete or you can request a copy from your trustee.

Do not use the online Bankruptcy Form if you have been made bankrupt by a court order (sequestration order). Please contact us at or on 1300 364 785 to request a copy of the Statement of Affairs form, or you can obtain a copy from your trustee.

How do I submit my Statement of Affairs

You can submit your completed Statement of Affairs and any attachments via:

  • Email:, or
  • Post:
    Australian Financial Security Authority
    GPO Box 1550
    ADELAIDE SA 5001

Once you’ve submitted your form, we will respond to you within 14 days.

Getting help to complete your Statement of Affairs

If you need help to complete your Statement of Affairs, you can talk to a financial counsellor, registered trustee or other service provider.

Financial counsellors are available nation-wide and provide an independent, free and confidential service. To speak with a free financial counsellor contact the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007. For more information on financial counsellors and other support services see Where to find help.

You can also contact us if you have any questions or issues completing the Statement of Affairs.