Important updates for registered trustees
We have updated temporary general guidelines for practitioners in relation to COVID-19 and its effect on our stakeholders.
For more information about these updates see Practitioners: COVID-19 and updated advice from the Inspector-General.
On this page:
In this section, you will find guidance and direction on meeting your ongoing obligations as a personal insolvency practitioner within our regulatory framework. This information includes links to relevant pages and more details available in the Inspector-General Practice Statements (IGPS) and Inspector-General Practice Directions (IGPD).
You are expected to comply with obligations under the Act and meet performance standards in the Regulations.
- Standards for trustees and controlling trustees IGPD 9
- Proper performance of duties of a bankruptcy trustee IGPD 14
- Controlling trustees’ roles and duties IGPD 12
Find out how to meet your obligations to publish notice of the first meeting of creditors convened pursuant to section 73 or section 188 of the Act.
- AFSA website advertising of meetings of creditors IGPD 21
- Form 14 - Request to advertise meetings of creditors
- See the Creditors meetings advertisements
You have a duty to refer alleged offences under the Bankruptcy Act. Find out how to refer alleged offences to AFSA’s Enforcement team, make an anonymous tip off or make a pre-referral enquiry.
For more details about types of offences and reporting obligations.
- Referring offences IGPS 14
- Referral of offences under section 271 (rash and hazardous gambling) IGPS 6
- Issuing of infringement notices by the Inspector-General in Bankruptcy IGPS 18
- Annual administration returns IGPS 7
- Practitioner AAR online services support information and user guides
- Login to Practitioner AAR online
Find out about the Inspector-General in Bankruptcy’s expectations on effective communication with bankrupts, creditors, debtors and other stakeholders
Find out more about trustees’ obligations to collect realisation and interest charges on funds received into an estate.
- Realisations and interest charges
- Collection of realisations and interest charges IGPD 2
- Guidelines for the payment of monies to the Commonwealth Section 254 IGPD 20
- Annual administration return IGPS 7
- Remuneration entitlements of a registered bankruptcy trustee IGPD 6
- Trustee remuneration notifications IGPD 18
We will take action to cancel the registration of a trustee on a voluntary basis or on an involuntary basis if there are sufficient grounds to justify the removal of a trustee from the insolvency profession.