To apply for bankruptcy you will need to complete a Bankruptcy Form online.
To access the Bankruptcy Form, you'll need to:
- create an account on the Insolvency Services portal
- verify your identity and
- download, complete and submit your form.
For more information on how to use the online portal see Insolvency Services support.
- Additional pages - for the addition of extra information in the Bankruptcy Form
- Apply for bankruptcy - what you need to know before you apply
- Consequences of bankruptcy - important information about how bankruptcy may affect you
Once you’ve submitted your Bankruptcy Form online, you can log in to your Bankruptcy Online account to check the status of your application.
The consequences of bankruptcy are serious and cannot be cancelled if you change your mind. Financial counsellors help people in financial difficulty, and are available in every state and territory. Their services are free, independent and confidential. You can talk to a financial counsellor from anywhere in Australia by phoning 1800 007 007 (minimum opening hours are 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday). This number will automatically direct your call through to a financial counselling service in the state or territory closest to you. For more information see Where to find help.