Our regulatory framework explains how we approach the regulation of the insolvency profession.
We also provide guidance on general and more specific duties of trustees, see more details under each topic.
We monitor the activities of practitioners to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Monitoring and inspection of bankruptcy trustees & debt agreement administrators IGPS 11
- Issuing of infringement notices by the Inspector- General in Bankruptcy IGPS 18
AFSA has a statutory role in undertaking reviews of trustee decisions, including remuneration, objections to discharge, and income contributions to name a few.
- Statutory reviews of trustees' decisions IGPS 12
- Reviewing remuneration of trustees and costs of third party service providers IGPS 16
- Trustees' guidelines for issuing objections to discharge when statements of affairs not yet filed IGPD 11
AFSA can also approve the remuneration of a trustee in certain circumstances.