Applying for temporary debt protection stops your creditors pursuing you for six months.
On this page
Make sure you consider the following:
- Compare the formal options
- What is temporary debt protection (TDP)?
- What are the consequences of temporary debt protection (TDP)?
- Download the temporary debt protection form
- Complete the forms as best you can. If you are not certain about exact amounts, you can write ‘estimated’.
- Send us your forms – preferably via email
- We treat it as a priority.
- If we accept it, we'll send you and your creditors confirmation in writing.
- This confirmation contains your AFSA administration number[?]. Your creditors may ask for this.
- If we don't accept your application, we will notify you in writing.