Lodge a temporary debt protection (TDP) form
On this page
2 min read
Once we accept your application, temporary debt protection provides a 21 day protection period in which unsecured creditors (including sheriffs) can’t take enforcement action to recover money you owe them. This means they can’t garnish your wages or have the sheriff/bailiff seize your goods.
Before you apply
Make sure you consider the following:
How to apply
- Log in to AFSA Online Services using Digital Identity or your AFSA account - if you don't have either you will need to create an account
- Access the TDP form on your Online Services dashboard
- Complete the form as best you can - if you are not certain about exact amounts, you can enter an estimated amount
- Submit your form through the Online Services dashboard
If you're unable to create an Online Services account, you need to do the following:
- contact us to request a paper copy of the form
- make sure you’ve completed all sections
- sign the declaration
- submit the form by post to:
Australian Financial Security Authority
GPO Box 1550
ADELAIDE SA 5001.
Note: your form will be processed faster if you create an Online Services account and complete the form online, rather than post a paper form.
Once we receive your application
- We treat it as a priority.
- If we accept it, your 21 day protection period starts and we'll send you and your creditors confirmation in writing.
- This confirmation contains your AFSA administration number. Your creditors may ask for this.
- If we don't accept your application, we will notify you in writing.