This time series shows the provisional data from 1986-87 and is not subject to revision unless an error is identified.
Time series breaks are marked in the Excel workbook. When a time series break occurs, a new CSV file is published commencing in the quarter where the break occurred.
The time series have the following series breaks at the state and territory level:
- There is a series break for all personal insolvency types in the September quarter 2017. From the September quarter 2017, geographic coding of personal insolvency statistics follows a new method. National totals are not affected.
- Bankruptcies (Parts IV and XI): There is a series break in September quarter 2005. From this quarter, reporting is based on the state of residence of bankrupts. Previous quarters are reported by state of lodgement. National totals are not affected.
- Personal insolvency agreements (Part X):
- There is a series break in the September quarter 2017. From this quarter, we implemented a minor change in the date used for reporting purposes for personal insolvency agreements. This affects all personal insolvency agreement figures, including the national total.
- There is a series break in September quarter 1995. From this quarter, reporting is based on the state of residence of debtors. Previous quarters are reported based on an AFSA classification that is broadly based on state of lodgement. National totals are not affected.
- March and June quarters 1987 are combined. Information for individual quarters cannot be provided due to systems limitations. For this reason, the time series presented in the CSV files commences in the September quarter 1987.