Qld had a higher proportion of debtors in the population than the national average in 2013–14. There was one debtor per 376 adults in Qld in 2013–14, compared with 546 adults in Australia.
The postcodes with the highest proportion of debtors in the adult population in Qld were:
- 4727 (1 debtor per 80 adults) in Queensland – Outback
- 4301 (1 debtor per 157 adults) in Ipswich
- 4209 (1 debtor per 161 adults) in Gold Coast.
There were 122 postcodes in Qld with a higher proportion of debtors in the adult population than the state average. Most of these (66%) were outside the capital city (in Rest of Qld).
The postcodes with the highest number of debtors in 2013–14 were:
- 4350 (181 debtors) in Toowoomba
- 4740 (173 debtors) in Mackay
- 4870 (145 debtors) in Cairns.
These postcodes are all in Rest of Qld. The ratio of debtors to the adult population was higher than the Qld average in postcodes 4740 and 4870.
For the full report see: