The NT had a lower proportion of debtors in the population than the national average in 2013–14. There was one debtor per 869 adults in the NT in 2013–14, compared with 546 adults in Australia.
The postcodes with the highest proportion of debtors in the adult population in the NT were:
- 0870 (1 debtor per 453 adults) in Northern Territory – Outback
- 0828 (1 debtor per 461 adults) in Darwin
- 0812 (1 debtor per 632 adults) in Darwin.
There were six postcodes with a higher proportion of debtors in the adult population than the NT average. Most of these (67%) were in Greater Darwin.
The postcodes with the highest number of debtors in 2013–14 were:
- 0870 (41 debtors) in Northern Territory – Outback
- 0812 (22 debtors) in Darwin
- 0830 (19 debtors) in Darwin
- 0810 (19 debtors) in Darwin.
The ratio of debtors to the adult population was higher than the NT average in postcodes 0870, 0812 and 0830.
For the full report see: