ACT had a lower proportion of debtors in the population than the national average in 2013–14. There was one debtor per 733 adults in ACT in 2013–14, compared with 546 adults in Australia.
The postcodes with the highest proportion of debtors in the adult population in ACT were:
- 2914 (1 debtor per 332 adults) in Gungahlin
- 2606 (1 debtor per 391 adults) in Woden
- 2913 (1 debtor per 412 adults) in Gungahlin.
There were seven postcodes with a higher proportion of debtors in the adult population than the ACT average.
The postcodes with the highest number of debtors in 2013–14 were:
- 2615 (54 debtors) in Belconnen
- 2913 (45 debtors) in Gungahlin
- 2905 (39 debtors) in Tuggeranong.
In all of these postcodes, the ratio of debtors to the adult population was higher than the ACT average.
For the full report see: