If your safety is at risk, you can request to hide your address from the National Personal Insolvency Index[?] (NPII).
What details can we hide?
- Your address.
- Your name and date of birth remains public.
If you are in a witness protection programme and enter bankruptcy (or any insolvency option) we won't list any:
- former name
- alias or
- address that could identify you.
Making the request
You need to complete an application form and provide evidence to support your request.
People who can make this request:
- the relevant police department
- someone else on your behalf - e.g. a financial counsellor.
Evidence to support your request can include:
- Domestic violence order or similar.
- Police report regarding threats of personal violence.
- Report from a social worker, medical practitioner or relevant practitioner.
- Evidence you are in a witness protection programme.
We inform you of the outcome in writing.
Complete the form below to make the request. You can send us a document or form online.