How do I add or update my debt?

If someone owes you money and they're bankrupt, it's important to include your debt, and keep your information updated. This allows the trustee to inform you if there is any money available for creditors[?].

If you haven't received notification of the bankruptcy, the trustee may not be aware of your debt. You must contact the trustee to add or update your debt.

If the trustee is the Official Trustee[?] (AFSA) complete the online form to:
    • add a debt
    • update a debt
    • tell us you've purchased a debt.

    You will need:

    • AFSA administration number[?] and
    • full name of bankrupt.

    If you don't have these details, you may wish to complete a Bankruptcy Register Search.

    Next step:

    Add a debt to a bankruptcy

    Find out about: