I've received a statement of income form

Learn about what to do if your trustee requests details about your income. It is your obligation during bankruptcy to assist your trustee by providing this information. You could face penalties if you don’t.

Please note: You will only be required to complete a statement of income if one is sent to you. To notify a change in income, please see: My income or employment has changed (or may change)

Why does my trustee want to know about my income?

During bankruptcy, your trustee may request financial information from you. This could include details of your:

  • income
  • employment
  • bank accounts
  • dependants[?]
  • value of assets.

If the Official Trustee[?] (AFSA) handles your bankruptcy, we call this request a statement of income. You may receive this once a year or when your circumstances change.

It is your obligation to provide this information. This applies even if:

  • your income hasn't changed
  • you are unemployed
  • you receive a pension or government assistance
  • you are self-employed
  • your bankruptcy is ending soon or has already ended.

If you don't provide this information in a timely way, you could face penalties.

We use this information to assess your assets and income[?] to determine if you need to make compulsory payments[?]. We then notify you of the outcome.
For more information see: Official Trustee Practice Statement OTPS1 - Income Contributions

Next step:

You can send us your form online.

Send us a document or form

Can I have an extension to return my statement of income?

No, we are unable to extend the return date. If you don't provide this information in a timely way, you could face penalties.

If you are waiting for supporting documents, you should still return your form by the due date. Include an explanation as to what documents are outstanding and forward them when you receive them. Remember to include your name and AFSA administration number[?].

I need some assistance with my statement of income

For answers to frequently asked questions, see: I need assistance with my statement of income form.

I have lost my statement of income

If you have misplaced your statement of income, please let us know and we will send you a new one.

Find out about: