On this page:
To apply for temporary relief you can lodge a declaration of intention to present a debtor's petition (DOI).
This gives you protection from your creditors pursuing you for 21 days.
Make sure you consider the following:
- Compare the formal options
- What is a declaration of intention to present a debtor's petition (DOI)?
- What are the consequences of a DOI?
- We treat it as a priority.
- If we accept it, we'll send you and your creditors confirmation in writing.
- This confirmation contains your AFSA administration number[?]. Your creditors may ask for this.
- If we don't accept your application, we will notify you in writing.