PPSR activity at a glance
- There were 1,957,835 searches conducted on the PPSR in the December quarter 2015, an increase of 8.8% compared to the December quarter 2014. The number of searches conducted on the PPSR in the December quarter 2015 are down 9.7% compared to the September quarter 2015.
- There were 541,661 new registrations listed on the PPSR in the December quarter 2015.
- There were 665,367 registrations amended on the PPSR in the December quarter 2015.
- In the December quarter 2015, 347,320 registrations were discharged or removed from the PPSR.
- Motor vehicles are the most common collateral class listed on registrations on the PPSR. As at 31 December 2015, there were 4,455,326 current registrations for motor vehicles, which represents 50.3% of 8,858,724 total registrations on the PPSR.
- Commercial property is the most common type of collateral. As at 31 December 2015, there were 6,418,640 current registrations on the PPSR with this collateral type.
See the most recent Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) statistics.