Tuesday, August 9, 2016
PPSR activity at a glance
- There were 2,178,875 searches conducted on the PPSR in the June quarter 2016, an increase of 7.6% compared to the June quarter 2015. The number of searches conducted on the PPSR in the June quarter 2016 increased 10.7% compared to the March quarter 2016.
- There were 557,063 new registrations listed on the PPSR in the June quarter 2016.
- There were 1,024,927 registrations amended on the PPSR in the June quarter 2016.
- In the June quarter 2016, 356,820 registrations were discharged or removed from the PPSR.
- Motor vehicles are the most common collateral class listed on registrations on the PPSR. As at 30 June 2016, there were 4,477,409 current registrations for motor vehicles, which represents 49.6% of 9,021,771 total registrations on the PPSR.
- Commercial property is the most common type of collateral. As at 30 June 2016, 6,593,810 current registrations on the PPSR were of this collateral type.