PPSR activity at a glance
- There were 1,968,953 searches conducted on the PPSR in the March quarter 2016, an increase of 6.4% compared to the March quarter 2015. The number of searches conducted on the PPSR in the March quarter 2016 are up 0.6% compared to the December quarter 2015.
- There were 507,895 new registrations listed on the PPSR in the March quarter 2016.
- There were 183,268 registrations amended on the PPSR in the March quarter 2016.
- In the March quarter 2016, 323,013 registrations were discharged or removed from the PPSR.
- Motor vehicles are the most common collateral class listed on registrations on the PPSR. As at 31 March 2016, there were 4,524,763 current registrations for motor vehicles, which represents 50.3% of 8,988,969 total registrations on the PPSR.
- Commercial property is the most common type of collateral. As at 31 March 2016, 6,555,654 current registrations on the PPSR were of this collateral type.
See the most recent Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR).